About Me

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Solitude

"Solitude - my favorite moments,
Solitude - but, always with You, Jesus and Lord,
Close to Your Heart, time passes pleasantly for me,
And, close to Him, my soul finds repose.

When the heart is filled with You and over-flowing with love,
and the soul burns with pure fire,
then,  amidst  the utmost desolation, the soul will not experience loneliness,
because it rests on Your bosom.

O Solitude -  moments of supreme companionship,
though I be abandoned by all creatures,
I immerse myself, totally in the ocean of Your Godhead,
and You listen sweetly to my confidences."

-From St. Faustina's Diary (Entry 1699-Notebook VI)

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me and I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does
not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
And I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
I know if I do this you will lead me by the right road
though I may know nothing about it.  Therefore, I will trust you always
though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear for you are ever with me
and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
- Thomas Merton, "Thoughts in Solitude"

I believe that if I pray for something, God will deliver.  If I pray he be with me, he is with me. If I pray for courage, he gives me armor to face my fear. If I pray for love, he gives me someone to comfort and soothe. If I pray for something I have lost, he shows me the new gift but, doesn't degrade my heart's loss.  Whatever I pray for, I get an answer. It is always a good answer.  So, when I am so lonely and yearn for a kindred heart and someone to care for me, God sits with me in solitude and comforts me.

-Me (from my heart)