About Me

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Eau Christmas Tree

We haven't used (killed) a fresh Christmas Tree in years (at least a decade or more).  But, today as I walked into the local big box hardware store, I couldn't escape the intoxicating scent of the fir trees. 

I am woods person anyway. If I could have anything in the world it would be a forest of beautiful trees.  The dark cool shadows it casts on the ground, the rich clean scent of pine needles and earth mixed beneath my feet.  Yes, that is for me.

And then it occurred to me with great celebration in my heart.  There will be Christmas Trees in Heaven! Anything that smells that wonderful as it decays must absolutely be in the next life. 

I can't think of something else that smells better as it breaks down.  I mean you know jack-o-lanterns smell like gag while they rot, Easter eggs.... I don't think I need to explain this to you.  But, it was just an funny thought I had today.