About Me

Monday, August 19, 2013

Assumption of Mary-- A family field trip


This year I took my kids to mass with me on August 15th for the Feast of the Assumption of Mary.

Can I tell you that it was the most peaceful mass service I have ever been with my children. Don't be confused. My kiddos are great in mass, they do not act up.  But, there was so much peace this time.  The kids participated with enthusiasm and actually paid attention and read along in the missal.  It was just a good experience.

When we left, they actually told me that they enjoyed mass.  They talked about what they learned.  They asked to refill their holy water bottles. They talked about their night prayers. I got hugs. It was such a nice experience. And then, I thought to myself (and I am now sharing with you), "My kids are Catholic. They really are. wow. I hope I can teach them to love being Catholic."  

I wonder what it was like raising someone like Jesus. I feel pressure to raise great kids.  But, I assume Mary felt more pressure than I.  I am imagine her motherhood was much more intense than mine.  But, then again, maybe not.  Her charge from God was Jesus.  My charge from God is my three children...deep thoughts.

Anyhow, I thought it was especially nice that, afterwards we went to the bookstore, they all chose monster themed books.  And they all wanted to talk about scary things and stuff they found spooky.  Ha!  I haven't decided if it is a good or a bad thing.  Maybe they just felt brave after mass.♥

  
 
Do you like my butterfly photos?  I took these on the Feast of the Assumption of Mary. Creation is something magnificent.